Social Media: Spreading the Word
“The purpose of using social media as a part of your marketing strategy is not to talk to your customers……it is to listen to them”
Unfortunately, most companies are getting that wrong! They are simply inundating their followers and fans with advertisements and product pitches while ignoring customer questions, concerns and comments.
Because of social media, today’s companies have unique opportunities to identify, engage, and understand our customers. Understanding how this works is the key to creating a strong, valuable influential social media presence.
Unfortunately, a lot of the information available for business owners on social media focuses on using the tools, not creating the strategy. Even more disheartening is that some of the weakest online company customer interactions are from marketing companies – or worse, ‘social media trainers’.
At Morber Marketing Group, one of my specialties is assisting companies with target market identification and with developing social media strategies that focus on your customers. I won’t let you make the mistakes that many companies are making today, such as:
- Believing that social media IS a marketing strategy (it’s not, it’s just a tool)
- Auto-posting Tweets and status updates and never engaging with other users
- Posting nothing but advertisements for your business
- Cross posting every status update across all social media networks, all the time
- Spending too much time on social media sites with little or no results
- Assigning an intern or individual without PR or marketing experience to handle your social media engagement
- Not keeping social media updated and current
- Not having a company-wide acceptable use policy for social media use
Call today. I can help you determine where on the internet you need to be, and help you develop a Social Media strategy that focuses on results.